Learn to Fly
Achieve your dream of flying and earning your private pilot certificate with KFTC flight training in Louisville. Ready to get started? Contact us today.
- A minimum of 20 hours flight time including:
- 15 hours of flight training from an authorized instructor and 5 hours of solo flight
- Flight training must include at least:
- 2 hours of cross-country flight training
- 10 takeoffs and landings to a full stop
- One solo cross-country flight of at least 75 nautical miles total distance with a full-stop landing at a minimum of two points and one segment of the flight consisting of a straight-line distance of at least 25 nautical miles between takeoff and landing locations
- 2 hours of flight training in preparation for the practical test
- Ground training from an instructor or home-study course
Private Pilot Certificate
(40 hours minimum flight time)
Earn a Private Pilot Certificate so you can fly an airplane night or day under visual flight rules. With this certificate you can carry passengers. Although you cannot fly for paid compensation or hire, you can share operating expenses evenly with your passengers.
This course teaches you how to operate aircraft in low-visibility conditions such as heavy cloud cover or rain. You will learn how to rely solely on instruments to navigate the aircraft in situations where you cannot rely on visual references.
(FAA minimum hours of 250)
The FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate allows you to be compensated for piloting an aircraft. This certificate is the key to earning money for your aircraft piloting services.
A Certified Flight Instructor gains the qualifications to teach Private Pilot and Commercial Single-Engine students.